Monday 26 January 2009

The Wish Project @ The 3rd floor suite 303 of the Hippodrome Hotel


In this hotel boutique of Mexico City I did an installation with paintings, photos and a shirt-fashion. The Wis Project by G.I. is a work in progress I have develop for the past 5 years, and it aims to promote in today´s society the act of wishing.   I started sending card with three wishes for the person who receive it, then creating abstract paintings with the ashes from the white papers where they write the wishes and then burn them. And this time I present a series of photos of commercial flight where I put post its with the the word wish, also in public phones. The paintings have secret wishes under it.  And the shirt was created by me and the designers of the Mexican brand Malafacha. And this time I decided to leave the gallery and to show in a hotel suite and the weird thing is that every floor of the Hippodrome Hotel has a name and the one I got is call WISH...